Ditch the Label Careers and Volunteering Opportunities
Looking for volunteer work experience with a kick-ass organisation? Would you like to contribute some of your time to helping us grow? We’re interested in speaking more!
We are about to embark on our most ambitious strategy yet and need all of the help available. If you have a background in charitable or not-for-profit organisations or have a specific skill that you believe could be of value to our campaign, please send us your CV along with a cover letter explaining how and why you would like to get involved and what you can bring to our team.
Ditch the Label is one of the UK’s most ambitious and innovative anti-bullying organisations. We work closely with schools, colleges and youths to reduce the effect and prominence of bullying within the UK’s education system. We were recently featured in The Independent, The Telegraph and on Radio 1 and have support from celebrities such as Gok Wan, Dr. Christian Jessen and Hannah Stodel, one of the Paralympians.
Our largest unique selling point is our brand: Ditch the Label is heavily targeted towards 15-21 year olds; with strong and striking messages that not only promote equality in a unique light but also teach young people that it is okay to be different. We run our own peer-to-peer support network which has over 35,000 members across the world. The network enables any young person to sign up, share advice and build community with likeminded individuals.
We are a small but growing team and are now looking for a Digital Media Assistant to join our ranks on a part-time basis. The role is unpaid but comes with relevant training and will look great on your CV. This is especially suited to a University student or somebody looking for a career in digital media or marketing.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Social media strategy and day-to-day management, includes running campaigns, competitions and content marketing
- Overseeing the management of our peer-to-peer support network – building and executing marketing and engagement strategies
- Assisting with other members of the marketing and events team
- Be able to commit at least 10 hours per week to the role; both at home and in office
- Have experience and successes with digital marketing environments
- Be familiar with the key social networks
- Be reliable, trustworthy, open and honest
- Have a strong ethos and passion for equality and a motive to help others
- Be creative minded and ready to be challenged
- Speak fluent English
We will respond to your application within 10 working days.
As a guideline, we are primarily looking to fill the following roles:
- Digital and offline marketing assistants
- Counsellors and psychologists
- Grant experts
- Business development through sales, strategic partnerships and sponsorships
- Press relations and relationship development
- Technical support with an experience in HTML, PHP, MySQL and CSS essential
- Creatives involved in photography, media and design
- Community events and moderation
All roles are voluntary but have the potential to lead on to full-time or part-time paid work for the right candidates. We know how to treat our staff and as a member of our team you will receive some great perks. We can also provide references for successful candidates retained beyond their initial trial period.
The roles are well suited to those studying at University or of whom have recently graduated. We will, however consider all applications regardless of background. Successful applicants will be invited to an interview; either face-to-face or through Skype if remotely working.
To apply for a position at Ditch the Label, please submit your CV, cover letter and application using the form to the right.