Ditch the Label is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. This policy applies to personal information collected on this website and falls under the Data Protection Act 1998.
We only collect information about you that:
- Helps us make the site work better for you.
- To improve our products and/or services.
- Lets us contact you if we need to.
- Lets us give you accurate information if you need it.
- Shows us how you are using the site, so we can keep improving it.
- Helps us understand why you support our work, so we can better meet your needs and find more people like you.
Parts of the site may ask you for more information so that you can use services or complete transactions. In many cases you’ll be asked to enter it – for example, an email address for correspondence. We may periodically send promotional email about new products, services, special offers or other information that you may find interesting, using the email address you have provided.
The information we collect
We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
- Questions, queries and feedback you leave, including your email address if you send us an email.
- Your IP address and which web browser (and version) you use.
- Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our services.
- Demographic information such as postcode.
- Other information relevant to customer and/or service user surveys and/or offers.
- If you send us feedback, your message will be kept.
What are cookies?
How we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Payment transactions are encrypted.
The transmission of information over the Internet can never be considered completely secure. We are committed to ensuring your information is secure and we’ll do our best to protect your personal data, but Ditch the Label cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is entirely at your own risk.
We use strict procedures and security features to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In addition we endeavor to prevent unauthorised access, computer viruses and technical malfunction, however Ditch the Label cannot be held responsible for situations outside of our control.
How we use your information
Any information we collect is used to:
- Improve the content and design of the website.
- Let you use interactive features, when you choose to do so.
- Contact you, with your permission.
- We may sometimes share your information with other organisations for marketing or market research purposes, unless you ask us not to. This may include (but is not limited to) authorised partner agencies, government agencies and schools and colleges.
- We may sometimes pass on your personal information to any other website, unless you ask us not to.
Use of postal addresses and phone numbers
If you enter your postal address or phone number into any of our online forms, we may use these details to contact you, unless you ask us not to. If you have given us your postal address and/or phone number and decide at a later date you would prefer not to be contacted by these means, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation
- For law enforcement purposes
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to:
- Ask us not to process your personal data
- See information we hold about you
- Ask for inaccurate personal data to be corrected
For a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to the Data Protection Officer, 15 – 17 Middle Street, Brighton. BN1 1AL. UK.
When we are satisfied of your identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose. We may ask you to pay a fee. Please contact us at the same address if you believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate and want it to be corrected.
Links to and from our website
Ditch the Label cannot be held responsible for the security, content and/or advice on external websites.
When you come to our website from another website, we may get personal information about you from the other website. Read those websites’ privacy policies if you want to know more about this.
As we continue improving our website, we may update this policy. Revisions may also be made to reflect any changes in legislation and/or government guidance, as required by the charity commission, and/or as a result of any other significant change or event.
Ditch the Label are also committed to reviewing our policy annually.