So you can’t sleep huh? Tossing and turning in bed, desperately trying to drift off but you just can’t quite shut your brain up for 2 minutes to get enough peace and quiet to slip into the land of nod… we’ve all been there. Trouble sleeping is a vicious cycle: we can’t sleep, so we get stressed about it and we get stressed about it, so we can’t sleep… and the cycle begins again. The truth is, there’s no point lying in bed trying to force it, this will only make things worse – try some of these tips instead:
41. Make a start on that boring homework you’ve been avoiding
42. Get an eye mask
43. Get some earplugs
44. Try a relaxing sounds/white noise app
45. Get some super comfy pyjamas
46. Find a ‘chill out’ playlist on Spotify
47. Pick one thing or object to focus all your attention on
49. List all the things you’re grateful for
50. Avoid eating a big meal before bed
There: 50 things you can do instead of sleeping when you really can’t drift off. If you struggle to sleep on a regular basis or think you might have Insomnia, it’s a good idea to speak to your doctor as there are lots of factors that affect our sleep and loads of things that can be done to help.
Got any tips of your own? Let us know in Community.