Appearance & Body Image

"Scab-ful" Skinned 15 Year Old

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 6 total)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Author
    When I was in 7th grade, I started to have a little bit of acne and I freaked and started picking and couldn't stop. Eventually, in the 9th grade, I stopped for a while, but then just recently I started again! And I don't know what to use on my "scab-ful" skin.
    Hello lipkia2003

Skin picking can be a sign of lots of other things. These are some tips to stop picking.
    • keep your hands busy – try squeezing a soft ball or putting on gloves
    • identify when and where you most commonly pick your skin and try to avoid these triggers
    • try to resist for longer and longer each time you feel the urge to pick
    • care for your skin when you get the urge to pick it – for example, by applying moisturiser
    • tell other people – they can help you recognise when you're picking
    • keep your skin clean to avoid infection
    Try and visit your dr if you are still concerned about your skin and they may be able to prescribe you something to help.

-Remi
    Last edited by Remi; 06-04-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Comment

I constantly do the same with biting my nails. I had to tell my family and friends to help me remember not to. Having a constant reminder helps a lot.

Comment

• Comment

Hello Bluelight3371X,

Have you tried that nail varnish that you can wear. It tastes horrible and i've heard it was worked for some people to help them stop biting their nails.

-Remi

Comment

• Comment

Hey.... this is gonna sound pretty stupid but does anyone know any ways to put on weight fast?? I’m naturally skinny and eat quite a lot but I get called things like anorexic and lanky. I want to look a bit more healthy but can’t seem to put on anything :/

Comment

• Comment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 6 total)

Working...
                  X