This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That their opinion of me wasn't the one that mattered and I didn't need to change for them.

Comment

I was going through a lot of abuse at home back then. I wish they knew how empty everything felt to me. I wish I could've told them how much I wanted to be a part of the life they led- surrounded by people who would fight with them, who would joke with them and make them feel like they had support- and how I just wanted to live. I had an entire school- students and even some staff- who treated me like a toy, someone who never should have been born. They led me into false hope, they beat me when I was down and stomped on the remnants of my willpower.

I wish they could know how I cried for them. No matter how bad things got, all I kept thinking was that I had done something to deserve what had happened. I felt that maybe something happening to them was so terrible that taking it out on me was all they had. I let myself be destroyed because I was too much of a coward to stand up for myself even inside my head. I wish they could know about the hospital trips, the late nights, the hours of staring at walls and trying to drown out the sounds around me.

If there's one thing they ever taught me, it was that keeping my head down and trying to fit in was the worst life to live, I'm just sorry that we both had to learn the hard way.

-Ghost

Comment

I was going through a lot of abuse at home back then. I wish they knew how empty everything felt to me. I wish I could've told them how much I wanted to be a part of the life they led- surrounded by people who would fight with them, who would joke with them and make them feel like they had support- and how I just wanted to live. I had an entire school- students and even some staff- who treated me like a toy, someone who never should have been born. They led me into false hope, they beat me when I was down and stomped on the remnants of my willpower.
        I wish they could know how I cried for them. No matter how bad things got, all I kept thinking was that I had done something to deserve what had happened. I felt that maybe something happening to them was so terrible that taking it out on me was all they had. I let myself be destroyed because I was too much of a coward to stand up for myself even inside my head. I wish they could know about the hospital trips, the late nights, the hours of staring at walls and trying to drown out the sounds around me.
        If there's one thing they ever taught me, it was that keeping my head down and trying to fit in was the worst life to live, I'm just sorry that we both had to learn the hard way.
        -Ghost

Comment

Working...
        X