Mental Health

Alternative to cutting?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 7 total)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Author
    I relapsed last night and started cutting again for the first time in a year. My mom found out and took the razor that I kept but I still really want to cut. I need some alternatives so that I don’t cut again. If anyone has any ideas please share because I am really close to just cutting again
    Hey Quin,
    thanks for sharing. Have you tried any of these? I particularly like the ice cube and elastic band alternatives. What do you think?

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/15-saf...-to-self-harm/

Comment

• Comment

Hey Quinn675

I'm sorry things are getting tough again. I know you want to cut right now but well done for not cutting. Have you tried getting a red pen and drawing on your arm? When I feel stressed I like to write my feelings out on a piece of paper, even if it's just a few things and it really helps me feel heard in myself.

We are here for you. Whatever you need.

-Remi

Comment

• Comment

I’ve been cutting for 20 years or more. I’ve tried almost everything. One thing that helps me is music I write down some of the songs lyrics . Music and drawing have been my two best things when you wanna cut. I’m not saying it’s easy but if you try things it might distract you enough to not cut. And talking to my counsellor.hang in there!

Comment

• Comment

Hello Kin ]

Thanks for this tip, so helpful, writing lyrics sounds like a great idea and i'm glad it has helped you for so many years.

Stay strong.

Remi

Comment

• Comment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 7 total)

Working...
                  X