Introduce yourself

Heyyyyy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 9 total)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Author
    Hi! I’m Arden. I’m Pansexual with high levels of anxiety and stress. And my parents have conflicting religious view with my sexuality. Got any advice on how to come out? I feel like it’s time.
    Hey Arden

Welcome to our community, i'm pansexual too

Have you tried broaching the subject of sexuality with them in the past? How did that go?

If you feel you are ready then tell them, just say this is what makes you happy and this is who you are and you hope they understand. Be prepared for them to take some time to come around to it and remember that your sexuality is just another normal part of you.

-Remi

Comment

• Comment

So, I’ve never broached the subject of sexuality, but when I’ve discussed my friends that are part of the LGBTQ+ community, they’ve never said anything negative about it. They just haven’t said anything positive about it either.

Comment

• Comment

Hey there Arden,

So I guess they may at least have a neutral response? Our research shows that most parents will have if not a positive response then at least they will be neutral? In any case you cannot change who you are and there is nothing wrong with you or who you chose to love.

What do you think you will say to them?
            -Remi

Comment

• Comment

Hey Arden! I'm a non-binary polysexual, and I understand where you are coming from. My parents aren't very supportive either. When I came out as poly, I actually did it with some of my friends with me. It helped to have that support system right there. Maybe try that. I hope I'm not to late to help, but if I am, I want you to know that no matter what they say, you're great the way you are.

Comment

• Comment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 9 total)

Working...
                  X