Sexuality, Dating & Relationships

At what age did you 'come out'?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 25 total)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Author
    I'm Harper - one of the LGBTQ+ Digital Mentors at Ditch the Label. Coming out can be really scary and I think there's a lot of power in sharing experiences with those who haven't come out to their loved ones yet.

At what age did you come out and how did you find the process?
    I'm 12, and am pansexual. I haven't come out yet, only to two of my friends (one I have a crush on, a girl like me). I was wondering if you would have any advice for me? Like what age to do it? And how to do it? I just had this idea to make this list of things I like, including girls, boys, transgenders, gays, lesbians, and everything in between. I don't know if this is good idea or not. Please help me.

Comment

• Comment

Hey Spacemonkey, ?

Thanks for your post and being so honest. In terms of age everybody is different and there is no right or wrong just what feels right for you. When do you think would be right for you?

Always a great starting place telling friends we trust, so well done. ??

-peach311 ?

Comment

• Comment

Peach311-

Thank you for writing back to me! This made me feel a lot better about this whole coming out thing.

spacemonkey

Comment

• Comment

I had to come out twice to my Mum and still it didn't work. She didn't consider it serious and still thinks I'm straight. When I try to talk to her about her homophobia, she becomes angry and finds a way to argue in a heartbeat. Both times I tried to come out I was 14, it was last year. Still trying to make her understand my sexuality is not a joke

Comment

• Comment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 25 total)

Working...
                  X