Sexuality, Dating & Relationships

How can I come out to my Catholic parents?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Author
    So, i'm a Catholic and I am proud of it but i'm also Bisexual and proud of that as well.
    My parents are amazing but I am not sure about coming out to them. My mom will hopefully understand and same for my dad but I am not so sure.
    My Dad is quite homophobic and once said to me LGBTQ people should be illegal which hurt a lot.
    I could decide to not come out but I don't want to stay closeted.
    I'm 14.

I am the same age as you, if you have a homophobic dad why not try coming out to your mum first if you think she is going to understand i think its easier to tell your mum first as you trust her, if you have a homophobic father its best to see how he reacts when you mention the lgbti+ community.

I hope this has helped

-IHATEME1478

Comment

• Comment

Hello UndisclosedPingu

Its wonderful you have amazing parents behind you. Coming out is something that can be really nervewracking so you are totally right to feel a bit nervous. Why is it you want to come out to them now? Have you come out to any of your close friends?

I get why you feel hurt at what your Dad said. I agree with IHATEME1478, do you feel telling your Mum is an option? How do you think she would react?

-Remi

Comment

• Comment

Thanks Remi I try to help as many people as i can even if i cant help myself

Comment

• Comment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Working...
              X