Sexuality, Dating & Relationships

How can I come out to homophobic parents and friends?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Author
    So, I am bi and I knew since 2 years ago. (When I was 11, since I'm 13) I'm not sure whether I should come out this early or later, and I'm not sure how to get my friends and family to accept me. My parents are extremely homophobic and I don't think my friends are homophobic, but I think that they will make fun of me when I come out. They don't mean anything bad, but it really hurts. I don't want to tell them though because they may actually start to harass me. Can someone please help me? I've read many articles including one on here, ditchthelabel, but I just don't understand. Please help me, thanks!
    If you feel like people wont except you i would say wait it out, im lesbian so i understand how hard it is. See how people will react when they talk about lgbt+ stuff. I know im not a mentor or anything but please consider my advice.

Comment

• Comment

Hey there BiSexual Hot Mess

Welcome to our community, we're happy to have you here.

It's awesome that you have read some of our guides too. So it's totally normal to explore your sexuality at this age. It's awesome that you feel as though you are bisexual but there really is no rush to come out. Do you have a best friend or just one friend you could tell so that you've let someone know? I would say do what feels best for you but waiting until you've explored a bit further could be an option?

With your parents, if you do choose to come out then please make sure you are safe and that you have a plan b of somewhere to stay if they do take it badly.

Remi

Comment

• Comment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Working...
          X