Sexuality, Dating & Relationships

Being a bi in a 'homophobic country', should i come out?

Community Sexuality, Dating & Relationships Being a bi in a 'homophobic country', should i come out?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    amy23
    Participant

Hi, i’m 25 years old and identify myself as bisexual woman.
    Now i’m in a 7 years relationship with a man (who is my first ‘male’ love). I told him i fell in love with several girls in past life. Eventhough I don’t say to the point if I’m bisexual, his reaction seems okay.
    Lately, I was thinking, there is a ‘strong desire’ to come out and it bothering me so much. I want people to know who really I am. Fyi, I live in homophobic country. The government and most of people, they treat LGBT like a garbage.
    Beside on my story, should I come out, eventhough I have a boyfriend, and people see me have a normal life? Is it come out still necessary for me?
    Thanks.

peach311
    Keymaster

Hey

Thank you for your post and welcome to Community. I totally understand why it is bothering you. A hard part of being bi is the invisibility that comes with it, as people assume depending on the gender of your partner that you are either heterosexual or homosexual. Your wellbeing and safety are the most important thing and I want to make sure whatever you do decide you are safe.

Based on what you have said the reason it is bothering you is that any life where we are having to hide parts of ourselves/identity always leads to a sense of unease and discomfort. If you can come out and feel safe with loved ones my advice would be to take that action. Holding secrets is painful and you deserve to live an authentic life.

Would you be putting yourself at risk by coming out?

Sending positivity and support.
    -Peach311

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

How are you feeling now?

Thank’s for letting us know