Introduce yourself

Hello I'm Alex – A Non-Conformist And Proud

Community Introduce yourself Hello I'm Alex – A Non-Conformist And Proud

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    alex123
    Participant

Hello Everyone, I discovered Ditch The Label through their representatives regular appearance on ITVs This Morning and joined sometime in September.

I have experienced bullying at several stages throughout my life; from infant school through to the work place. It is only in the past few years that I have learnt to fully understood why I have been targeted so many times and learnt how to protect myself.

Whilst it has been helpful to understand the nature and mechanics of bullying it became apparent that part of the resolution was to build more solid support systems with like-minded people who share similar experiences as bullying has become such a recurrent factor in my life and this is why I joined Ditch The Label.

jayb
    Participant

Hey Alex,

Welcome to Community, I know what you mean and it’s why I joined too.

Peace

alex123
    Participant

Hello Jay, Thank you! It’s good to know that there is a platform out there who share similar experiences. I hope everyone here manages to have a peaceful time over the festive period! The Very Best Of Wishes Alex

peach311
    Participant

Hey Alex

Happy New Year. 🌟

How’s it all going? Thanks for sharing a bit about why you have joined our Community.

I’m Peach one of the Mentors and wanted to say hey and that I am here if there is anything on your mind big or small. 👍🏼

Sending positivity
    -Peach311

alex123
    Participant

Hello Peach, Happy New Year! Thank you for your response. I was having a bit of a rough time in September with an ongoing situation in my local performing arts community and spoke to one of your team over the phone. They gave me a some wonderful words of support. I had become quite isolated so established I needed to try and build stronger support systems wherever I could.

Since then I contacted my Union and spoke to a few people about the situation. I have also joined a LGBT meet up group who do various activities throughout the year. This all seems to be going well and just simply being a part of this community is reassuring. All The Very Best Alex

peach311
    Participant

Hey Alex,

Really happy to hear things are feeling better and that you got the support you needed and deserve.

Taking action is not always easy especially when things are feeling are tough but it can make all the difference.

We are always here, thanks for letting me know how you are.

-Peach311 ⭐️

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

How are you feeling now?

Thanks for letting us know