Cyberbullying

is catfishing okay?

Community Cyberbullying is catfishing okay?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kait
    Participant

i have been catfished before, multiple times. and it sucks. because the first time i was ever catfished, i fell for the person on the screen/behind the screen. that person & i talked for about a year, until they told me the truth. the reason behind them catfishing was because they were transgender {ftm} &
    pre-t. i wasn’t mad. i couldn’t be mad at them for being insecure about who they are. i was hurt more than i was anything. but should i have been mad? is it honestly okay for someone to lie to you about who they are & what they stand for?

peach311
    Participant

Hey Kait,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here.

What do you think about people who choose not to be up front and dishonest?

I think it is very revealing of the deep fear that runs through most people whether they know it or not. Will they belong, will they be loved and is who they are, the real them good enough? These fears are what I think causes people to think that being who they are isn’t an option, hence pretending.

Then what happens is through pretending and lying what you are creating with someone is not real. Then when the truth outs because it always does you face potentially a lot of rejection anyway which was the main thing they were hoping to avoid. Does that make sense.

You deserve a relationship based on honesty, love and connection.

Sending positivity
    -Peach311

louise19
    Participant

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ok. I mean I can have love for people not feeling able to be honest with themselves yet but bringing someone else into that is just not ok. No doubt they would totally hate it if anyone did that to them.

You sound cool and obviously have a big heart and deserve so so so so so much better.

marcus16
    Participant

Hey Kait,

I feel like that isn’t okay for a person to do but I understand why they did it. I am glad that the person did come out to you and that you accepted them for who they are. It seems like that person needs a friend or someone that they will be comfortable with being themselves. I feel as if you should not be with them due to them lying to you and not being trustworthy, but do not hate them for what they have done even though it is wrong.

louise19
    Participant

Hey Marcus16,

I agree and well said.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

How are you feeling now?

Thanks for letting us know