Appearance & Body Image

January ⛔️

Community Appearance & Body Image January ⛔️

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    louise19
    Participant

Hey Guys,

How’s everyone doing?

I find this time of year a bit depressing everyone goes on a diet it seems like and my mum is a bit obnoxious about my weight. She has always been naturally thin and I am a bigger shape and size. I know she means well but it does my head in.

I think she doesn’t get it or why I find harder to lose weight. Any advice on how to deal with pushy mums when it comes to diets and staying sane in January would be much appreciated.

😳

peach311
    Keymaster

Hey Louise,

Happy New Year.

January is such a tricky time of year and I personally hate seeing so much pressure everywhere to lose weight with all the new diet books launching this month. You are not alone and I love that you have voiced what most of us are feeling.

Have you tried talking to your mum about how you feel when she makes comments? I found it best never to assume anything, or do other peoples thinking for them. Would you be up for talking to her?

Have a read of this blog as well. I think it could really help with taking good care of you during Jan.

Instead of creating a new you this New Year, try these self-acceptance practices instead

I just wanted to say how much we appriectate all your posts and honesty. It is all the amazing people here that make our Communtity extra awesome. ✨💖✨

Keep doing you.

-Peach311

louise19
    Participant

Hey

Had a bit of a rubbish day today for loads of reasons that I won’t go into but that was all just about ok until I got home and my Mum started on at me about my weight again.

I just hate it, it never helps and I feel like she never listens to me and only judges me. I don’t exactly love my size either. Arrrggghhhh she does my head in.

😤😥

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

How are you feeling now?

Thank’s for letting us know