Sexuality, Dating & Relationships

New territory with a close friend

Community Sexuality, Dating & Relationships New territory with a close friend

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bailarin
    Participant

I am bi and have had a close friend for a few months, we’ve had discussions about sexuality and from what I can gather, she’s essentially pan/bi. She never labels it but says she would love anyone without consideration of gender. There is definitely a vibe between us and after months of never knowing if I was the only one who felt it, we kissed. She kissed me back but later said it was a mistake, she doesn’t know how she feels, doesn’t want to lead me on, etc. She hasn’t spoken to me for a week and a half and a mutual friend told me she needs space for another week or so and then things will “go back to normal”, we’ll talk about how we feel, or she’ll “forget about it”. I want to be supportive of her journey which should obviously be taken at her own pace but I don’t know how to balance my support as a queer friend while also looking after my own heart. ANY advice welcome.

peach311
    Participant

Hey

A big welcome to Community and nice one on sharing what’s happening, the older I get the more I see the value in getting a second opinion or advice on a situation I am not sure about.

I love how supportive you are of your friend and most of your post is about her and what she is going through. I want to know how you are? What are your feelings towards her etc? Would it be hard to go back to being friends after what happened?

Also does your friend have other people she can lean on for support?

-Peach311

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

How are you feeling now?

Thanks for letting us know