Not sure who I am.

Community Gender Not sure who I am.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    designgirl18
    Participant

Hi. I’m new here. I’m gay and was born female but not sure if want to be seen as one if that makes sense. Not sure if I’m trans or something else and scared to talk to people I know. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks for reading this. ☺

peach311
    Keymaster

Hey

Yes, your post makes total sense and gender has many different layers to it and it is 100% ok to not have figured out what feels right for you yet. The best thing to do which you are is to ask for help. Even though it can feel like the last thing we want to do, everyone deserves support.

Do you mind me asking what specifically scares you about talking to people, as it can be different from person to person?

Our Community is full of people with different experiences around gender and I’ve no doubt people will be on hand very soon to share what works for them and how they got there. It takes courage to get honest and I promise you are not the only one. Have you done any research on gender fluidity? Does anything stand out? I need you to know that you will get there it’s just that for some of us it’s a slower process and there is nothing to feel embarrassed about ever.

Sending you so much support and positivity. 🌈
    -peach311

designgirl18
    Participant

Thanks for the support! I guess what scared me is losing people that I’m close to after telling them who I am. I live in a town where everyone goes to church, which I have no problem with, but they still don’t accept differences in people like me. Not sure why. But it’s still something that has held me back from becoming my true self whatever that turns out to be.😉. It is really nice to find places like this where I can gain conference in myself!🌈🌞👒

designgirl18
    Participant

Oh forgot to say that i will look up gender fluidity. As of now I feel like I have days where I want to stay afab but other days I don’t. I do appreciate the support and encouragement.

peach311
    Keymaster

Hey

Thank you for your honesty and I totally understand why are feeling scared of losing people given the kind of town you’ve described. Sadly people struggle to accept what they don’t understand and as a society we still have a way to go.

I’m over the moon you have found our Community and feel safe opening up about what you are going through. The internet can be such a powerful way to help connect us to people who are living it too. I promise you, you are not the only one and it is far more common to have unanswered questions around your own gender identity.

Which country do you live in as there are some amazing organisations out there and I can recommend some for you.

Is there anyone close to you that you feel safe/trust enough to open to about your feelings?

designgirl18
    Participant

Thanks. I’m happy I found you guys to. I live in the United States. Haven’t found much in the town I live in but maybe with you guys I can branch out and find more people around here.

peach311
    Keymaster

Hey

Here are some organisations that have amazing resources to help support you while you work out what feels right for you.

Trans + Gender Identity

http://www.translifeline.org

This organisation although based in the UK have some really helpful articles/resources, have a look and see if any of it jumps out at you.

http://www.mermaidsuk.org.uk/resources-for-young-people.html

Sending positivity
    -Peach311

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

How are you feeling now?

Thank’s for letting us know