Off Topic

On my mind

Community Off Topic On my mind

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    spacemonkey
    Participant

Do you ever feel the need to run away? I just need to get this off my chest. Sometimes I feel like I want to run away, without telling anyone anything, just so I can explore myself and be free. Does anyone else feel like this?

copacetic
    Participant

Frequently.

The best thing to do here is figure out what is stopping you from exploring yourself and being free where you are now. This, of course, is hard. It’s likely that most of the parts of your life benefit from you staying where you are. There are all sorts of obstacles – jobs, significant others, family, etc.

Short term, change things that are small and easy. Small changes can have a profound impact on how you feel.

bdawg
    Participant

I feel like running away and going on an adventure sometimes but then I realise that home is where all my friends are! Going on an adventure is great n all but what fun is that with out your mates around you!?

I reckon I will go on a travelling adventure when I’m older like before college or something but til then, just gonna chill here!

Yo Space monkey, do you wanna runaway because you feel sad? Or just cause you wanna see the world?

spacemonkey
    Participant

I just want to explore and see what I can do.

rhydian
    Participant

I get like that sometimes too, the feeling really sucks but you have to remember that even though it seems like it. Life’s not out to get you and despite everything you are going through, it will get better. it might take a weeks or even months but eventually it will get better, I promise.

Is there something in particular that gives you this feeling? Personally I get it when i’m around my dad.

spacemonkey
    Participant

It’s not really because I feel bad, It’s just to see what I can do. Like, to see what the world really is. I’m only twelve, so I don’t know if this is normal (then again, what IS normal?). Does anyone else know?

louise19
    Participant

Hey Spacemonkey,

I totally get that too and think its normal and for me i was just excited to get out there and see what life was all about.

Keep up the posting ✌🏽

Louise ⭐️

spacemonkey
    Participant

Thanks Louise!

peach311
    Keymaster

How are you doing Spacemonkey?

I love all your posts on Community, you give really great advice, keep it up. 💜

-peach311 ✌🏽

spacemonkey
    Participant

Hey Peach311!! I’m good. Thank you! I’ve learned a lot since I’ve joined Ditch The Label. I hope this continues to help me learn and grow!

spacemonkey
    Participant

Thank you guys. I needed this. Really, I did. I needed the support and to know that I’m not alone. Thank you so much!

peach311
    Keymaster

You are never alone, we are here for you and as the Community grows there will be more and more people who also have your back.

What are up to over the summer?

-peach311 💜

spacemonkey
    Participant

I went to SPACE CAMP!!!!!!! It was so awesome! Space is my happy place (that should be a poster).

bisexualbookworm
    Participant

I know this is a bit of a late response, but I also went to a space camp, and everyone got to build model rockets. Mine was called the Crossbow SST, and I painted it gold and silver. What did you do at your space camp?

spacemonkey
    Participant

I also built a model rocket, but it sort of blew up and we had to use the fire extinguisher. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

How are you feeling now?

Thank’s for letting us know