Health

Panic Attacks

Community Health Panic Attacks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    solsticesun
    Participant

Hello! I’ve been dealing with panic attacks for the last couple of years , but now I’m quite troubled , since there’s been a massive increase over the last two weeks . They used to appear several times throughout the entire year and weren’t such severe cases, whereas now, I might end up going up to three panic attacks a day (it’s hard to imagine , I know). I don’t know what to do and feel quite lost, to be honest. I can’t find motivation doing basic things on the daily. I try my best to keep my mind clear from negative thoughts and news but somehow I always end up overthinking them. There’s nobody I can reach out to in times like this because the topic itself is still considered a taboo in the country I live in. I’ve tried singing up for online counseling before (since I’m quite anxious to talk with a therapist an eye-to-eye), but so far I’ve been rejected.
    I’d very much appreciate it if there are any tips you could provide me with 🙂 .

solsticesun
    Participant

I know I’ve said I might get up to three panic attacks a day but I’ve been stuck in one since 3 hours already. PLEASE HELP if you can.

copacetic
    Participant

A couple to things that could help quickly –
    -while a therapist would be best, talk to someone, it could be anyone.
    -get a change of scenery. any thing that will help you focus on NOW will help. go for walk, get some exercise, do something different.

you have to be active in how you keep your mind clear. even meditation takes effort.

Good luck, I hope this helps!

peach311
    Participant

Hey Solsticesun,

How are you doing today?

Thank you for your post and honesty. The best thing to do is keep reaching out for help exactly like you are doing. Have you read the article below? It can feel very intense when they are building and becoming more frequent, I promise you, you are not alone

Dr Pam: Are you struggling with Anxiety?

Mind, is also a fantastic organisation which some very good resources which I think could really help, the link is here:

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/anxiety-and-panic-attacks/panic-attacks/#.WmXQ5q2cai4

How long have they been going on?

-Peach311

gxialing21
    Participant

Hey solsticesun!
    If there’s anyone you can talk to, PLEASE do. Going through it alone is the worst.

peach311
    Participant

It really is, it leaves you feeling so lonely and hopeless.

Awesome advice Gxialing21 👍🏼

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

How are you feeling now?

Thanks for letting us know