General Bullying Questions

What do you wish the person who bullied you knew?

Community General Bullying Questions What do you wish the person who bullied you knew?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    peach311
    Participant

Hey Community,

Peach311 here, as someone who has gone through my own fair share of bullying i wanted to ask you all a question. 👇🏻

What do you wish the person who is bullying/bullied you knew?

For me it would be to a guy from school when i was 15/16. I wish you knew i already had such fragile self esteem, I already felt ugly and not good enough. I already felt painfully awkward around the opposite sex and it felt like you took a sledge hammer to what was a paper cut.

Above all I wish you knew how it felt to be bullied by you. To be on the receiving end of your own cruel and toxic behaviour. But maybe you did because even though you said those words aloud to me they came from your voice and you had to live with that voice everyday and I bet you anything it said even worse things to you.

Have a think, what would you like them, her or him to know?

If you feel like it post back and share what you would say. 📝

Sending support and positivity as always.

-peach311 🌟✨🌟

jake
    Participant

I wish they knew how much it hurts me and that even though I sometimes laugh it off or ignore it, I go home and it follows me there. It follows me to my bedroom, it makes me worry about how much food I eat, it stares back at me when I look in the mirror

louise19
    Participant

Umm

I wish they knew that it took me ages to feel like myself again and that actually I was going through hell with my parents divorcing and life was hard enough. They made my life hell and never apologised for it. But for my own sanity i had to forgive them and let go of all that hurt and anger.

So i guess treat people how you would like to be treated, don’t be so spineless and hide behind each other. (It was a group of girls)

korra
    Participant

I wish they knew how much it hurts and how vulnerable they made me feel.I was hating myself for not be able to stop being bullied.I had changed 3 schools and only in the last one I wasn’t bullied.I had changed also and had built a wall so as no one could touch me.I wasn’t my self for many years.I had forgotten how it felt to be me.I wish they could feel how painful it was,so as to stop. When I go back when I was in school I still feel bitter.

peach311
    Participant

Hey kora

I get that, when you are bullied you end up feeling so negative towards yourself for not being able to make it stop. It was never ever your fault. You were never the problem. Even now being a bit older I find it so easy to feel bitter towards the guy that bullied me. Over the years I have learned I have to forgive him for my own sanity.

It takes time to forgive and there is no short cut. Sharing our experiences is so good for us to deal with it properly. You can always talk about it here whenever you need to.

-peach311

korra
    Participant

Hello peach!
    Thanks! Yes it helps to share experience,even if it brings you some flash backs.Yes,it’s true! It’s never your fault for being bullied.When you are small you can’t understand this,you think that you are doing something that brings all the bullying.
    I’m sure bullying can affect someone very negative and you need strength to overcome it.I’m also sure I won’t forget how horrible it was(I was also being bullied by a teacher,that was very bad,cause then all class thought that if the teachers bullies then they can also bully me).But I think when you overcome something bad and painful you become stronger inside you and better as a human being. I also hope bullying will stop someday!Schools need better support for combating bullying.

Tears
    Participant

I wish that they knew how bad, hurt, broken and destroyed I already am inside and that I really didn’t need them to make me feel even worse. I wish they knew that even though I always ignored them and moved on seeming okay, I actually never was… I wish they knew how much they hurt me and that besides how they seen me and my face, I started to cry everytime I got back home.

peach311
    Participant

Hey Teras

Even though they might never know, I’m so grateful you shared it here with us and with me. I feel exactly the same and want you to know that even though you went through it alone because of Community you never have to be alone with any of it again, there is nothing more powerful than sharing our stories with people who have been there too. 💖

Sending positivity and support. 🌟✨🌟

-Peach311

Tears
    Participant

Thanks Peach, it helps to know I’m not alone here! <3

peach311
    Participant

You most definitely are not.

We are all in it together. This is why we started community because bullying is hard enough to go through as it is, let alone then feeling like you were or are the only one.

-peach311 🙌🏽

louise19
    Participant

Hey Tears,

You are not alone we are all here for you.

Sending you a virtual hug.

😊

Harper

That there are more positive ways to deal with negative emotions!

looley1
    Participant

I wish they knew that the comments they made were ones that would stay with me. They probably forgot what they had said moments after, but even years from now I still remember everything.

peach311
    Participant

Hey Looley1

I so know what you mean and that is such a good point. I still remember clearly some things that were said to me years and years ago. Words can be so damaging and painful. 😥

Thanks for sharing yours. ❤️

-Peach311

skeletonclique
    Participant

I wish my bully knew that he would go on to use lol un-ironically in 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

How are you feeling now?

Thanks for letting us know